As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
- Installs, configures, and manages servers, data switches and workstations to a corporate set of guidelines.
- Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server
- Operational knowledge of the following: Active Directory and Group Policy, SharePoint, and Microsoft System Center products
- Experience with desktop and application virtualization, call center support technologies, support for handheld devices (Blackberry, iOS, Android, Windows), a plus
- Solid understanding of basic networking principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...