SPINS is the leading provider of marketing research, information and consulting services to the natural/organic products industry. Since 1995, we have provided the sales tracking and consumer information services required by current industry participants and new companies seeking opportunities in this rapidly growing market.
SPINS is dedicated to supporting the growing movement toward healthy, natural and organic products by providing reliable marketing information needed to make sound business decisions.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Business Analytics in our Schaumburg, IL office. This position requires exceptional interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, an analytical and technical aptitude and a willingness to help build and shape the development of SPINS products, services and client relationships.
- Service client specific business needs by analyzing multiple proprietary data sources.
- Produce and manage the delivery of custom reports to our client base by
accessing sales and consumer databases via Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and proprietary analytical tools
- Verify accuracy of reports prior to delivery and explain/analyze the content contained within them
- Train clients on SPINS proprietary analytical tools and data measures
- Professionally address client questions regarding data measures, products and services,involving subject matter experts as required
- Assist SPINS Sales Executives and Business Consultants with client initiatives
- Keep abreast of natural product trends and events
- Enhance client relationships by providing consultative support as requested, including serving as the lead contact with selected clients whose needs are largely report-centric
- Effectively represent client needs through interfacing with the IT & Operations department
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Administration or related quantitative discipline
- Two years of relevant market research, consumer products or consulting experience is desired
- Advanced user level in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving skills, market research ability
- High level of quantitative intuition and attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and communicate effectively with a wide range of users
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Broad knowledge of tactical analysis, business principles and consumer behavior
- Experience managing data, interpreting data, and reporting data across platforms
- Ability to scope and estimate client requirements and convert them into meaningful reports that can be updated efficiently
- Prior experience working with data access/reporting tools (preferably Nielsen or Symphony IRI)
SPINS Employment Policy
SPINS is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, military or veteran status, mental and physical disabilities or medical conditions of an applicant. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that with reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential job duties.