BRIDGE Energy Group seeks candidates for a Senior Software Systems Engineer position for DMS Programming. This individual will be responsible for supporting a SCADA system used to operate and monitor the distribution electrical grid and other assets. A broad knowledge and/or willingness to learn a variety of skills from configuration, programming, automation, business operations etc. will be required.
It is essential the successful applicant be a highly motivated self starter that can and will be responsible for their work with minimal direction and supervision. Works fairly independently, this role formulates or defines specifications for complex software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing code. Responsibilities include working with an application dealing with the overall operating system and complex in operation and activities. Candidate works at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications. Candidate is responsible for working with an individual business unit on multi-project assignments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Support SCADA system across the electrical grid.
- Connect new technologies to existing SCADA system with a variety of protocols
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Plan, design, implement, enhance and maintain complex system
- Monitor and tune performance of SCADA system
- Expert in Linux
- Expert C programming language
- Expert in PERL programming language
- Expert Communication protocol programming
- Proficient in shell scripting
- Bachelor, Computer Engineering /Computer Science major with 7+ years of experience
About BRIDGE Energy Group: BRIDGE Energy Group , Inc. is the Trusted Advisor and Implementation Partner in Smart Grid IT integration services and software solutions for clients in the Utility industry. BRIDGE offers business and IT transformation strategy planning as well as program management and implementation services in support of key Market Operations, Grid Operations and Smart Grid initiatives across Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Independent System Operators and Regional Transmission Operators. BRIDGE’s software solution offerings include SOA integration server, metering, settlements, scheduling, billing software as well as conservation voltage reduction (CVR).
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers
- Makes good decision (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most solutions or suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others or advice and solutions
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what is important; zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial aside
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; a constant and consistent top performer; bottom line oriented; pushes self and others for results
- A relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
Founded in 2004, BRIDGE is headquartered in Marlborough, MA with offices in Austin, TX; Albany, NY; Sacramento, CA; Rutland, VT; Vancouver, WA; and Ottawa, Canada.
BRIDGE Energy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Monster - 13 months ago