Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Back Office- Full Time- Preferred Primary Care Physicians is currently recruiting for a Medical Assistant for a practice located in Uniontown. At least 2 years of experience is required. Prior physician office experience preferred. Experience with Electronic Medical Records is required. Preferred candidates must be knowledgeable in all back office procedures. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com . EOE m/f/d/v
- Escorts patient to and from exam or treatment rooms as appropriate. Records all patient data prior to the physician/nurse seeing the patient: vital signs, height and weight, allergies, medications, chief complaint, reason for visit.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections as directed by the physician.
- Answers and returns telephone calls as directed. Is responsible for calling pharmacies for prescriptions or may answer patient telephone calls for referrals. May handle other patient telephone calls as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Obtains all necessary patient records, lab data, diagnostics, consults, etc. as required by the physician for assessment of the patient's medical status.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed in accordance with OSHA and Universal precautions.
- Assists with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with scheduling tests, procedures or appointments to follow-up on test results.
- Prepares, maintains and stocks exam/ treatment rooms, orders supplies as needed.
- Obtains new patient information and any test results.
- Assists with administrative duties such as typing, faxing, reception, etc.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
- Informs Physician of Patient Reschedules or no shows.
- Assists with delegated patient education activities including but not limited to distributing educational literature, etc.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.