Every day, the 30,000 people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) turn crops into renewable products that meet the demands of a growing world. At more than 265 processing plants, we convert corn, oilseeds, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, chemical and energy uses. We operate the world’s premier crop origination and transportation network, connecting crops and markets in more than 75 countries. Our global headquarters is in Decatur, Illinois, and our net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2011, were $81 billion. For more information about our company and our products, visit
LIVESTOCK FEED SPECIALIST
ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc. – a fully-owned subsidiary of Archer Daniels Midland Company and national manufacturer of livestock feed with over 40 locations in North America has an opening for a Livestock Feed Specialist (LFS) for our Le Mars, IA territory.
This position is responsible for increasing feed tonnage by sales to the end user through assigned feed dealers.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Call on commercial livestock producers to increase the sales of feed and animal health products through assigned feed dealers.
- Service existing commercial accounts to maintain sales volume.
- Develop and institute a marketing/sales plan to achieve volume and growth objectives.
- Identify and call on prospective accounts to achieve new business growth.
- Keep abreast of competitive situation in assigned sales area and communicate such to manager.
- Proactively put together business proposals to take advantage of opportunities in the market area.
- In conjunction with assigned dealers, hold feeder meetings and training activities to increase market awareness of ADM ANI products and programs.
The successful candidate will be located within the territory (candidates outside this area will not be considered).
Candidates with a degree in Animal Science or related field with prior livestock feed sales experience are preferred.
Other requirements include: Basic knowledge of sales, livestock production, nutrition, feeding programs and animal health; Strong verbal and written communications; computer knowledge with a history of working with Microsoft applications; ability to perform work with minimal supervision and strong time management skills.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record, be willing to travel overnight as required, lift up to 50 pounds, and have no problem with on-farm conditions.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401(k)/ESOP, pension, health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer
A daily grind is the secret to Archer-Daniels-Midland's (ADM) success. It's one of the world's largest processors of...