The Red Hat Cloud Business unit is seeking a highly strategic and tactical product manager to focus on Red Hat's OpenStack cloud offering.
Core duties include the planning and execution of product releases and new product launches, prioritizing and communicating product requirements in order to drive development, supporting the field organization in advanced sales opportunities, working with partners and OEMs, and maintaining/delivering roadmap presentations and whitepapers.
Product Management contributes actively to the overall company strategy and works closely with engineering, marketing, support, sales, and field teams, to ensure the success of the Red Hat virtualization products. Product Management regularly interacts with the Open Source community and the Fedora project, which provide the basis for our Enterprise Linux products. Every member the Product Management team is responsible for specific functional areas of the product and/or individual releases
Primary job responsibilities
- Understand customer needs, the competitive landscape, and new technology developments
- Using your technology and marketplace expertise, develop business cases, drive and prioritize product features for Red Hat's OpenStack offering
- Define and write product requirements documents (PRD)
- Drive major enhancements to existing products by working cross-functionally with core teams across Red Hat Engineering, and the upstream community
- With engineering, define technology directions and help guide efforts upstream.
- Collaborate with the extended Red Hat Enterprise team including QA, Engineering and Product Marketing.
- Drive and deliver product roadmap for your technology area to end customers and channel partners, provide education and training to the field and OEMs
- Up to 25% travel is required
The ideal candidate would have the following experience/skiils:
- 5-10 years enterprise software industry experience in a product management or product marketing role
- Prefer 3+ years of product management and technical leadership experience within the enterprise storage space
- Familiarity with enterprise management solutions (virtualization, automation, monitoring, software distribution, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Cloud Management technologies - ideally OpenStack.
- Deep understanding of enterprise level server and virtualization environments is a must
- Outstanding Linux skills and experience are preferred
- Must possess a solid understanding of the Open Source Business Model
- Previous experience contributing to one or more open source projects is desirable
- Must be highly strategic and tactical
- A mastery of effective communication with internal and external audiences
- Must possess technical expertise and business acumen to effectively manage product development and delivery process
- Bachelor's degree - preferably Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; MBA is preferred
openstack rhev virtualization cloud
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...