Project Management, C#, C++, Java, Communication
Email this job to a friend.
All Points Logistics is seeking a qualified
Software Engineering Manager
for a position located in the
Port Orange, FL
area. The qualified candidate will have the requirements listed below.
The Software Engineering Manager inspires and leads a team of talented and engaged technical professionals to plan, develop, document, and support software products and tools while meeting cost, schedule, and technical requirements, as well as department, Engineering, and company goals in a dynamic, growing technology company. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Typical Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Personally, and through delegates, defining, scoping, costing, planning, monitoring, and managing assigned projects and budgets while accommodating flexibility in a dynamic environment.
• Ensuring accurate and current cost plans, schedules, and development plans are established, updated, and maintained for department work and operations.
• Identifying, documenting, and avoiding cost, schedule, and technical risks.
• Reporting cost status, schedule progress, risks, and issues in a timely manner, as well as managing associated problems.
• Hiring, developing, and retaining a competent and engaged Software Engineering staff within allocated budgets.
• Mentoring and developing software engineering staff to meet personal, professional, and corporate objectives, including but not limited to leadership development within the company.
• Fostering and maintaining a positive and collaborative work environment and motivated staff while driving process improvement and encouraging innovative solutions.
• Communicating corporate, Engineering, and department goals and activity, practices, policies, processes and procedures to staff as well as developing or assisting in developing such as necessary.
• Communicating expectations and responsibilities to assigned personnel as well as evaluating performance, providing feedback and improvement plans.
• Identifying and removing obstacles that prevent staff from accomplishing goals.
• Ensuring staff has the proper equipment, tools, training, and resources to accomplish assigned tasks within defined processes and procedures, while adhering to appropriate budgets.
• Understanding department capacity and capabilities and developing metrics and reporting mechanisms for organization performance; maintaining a high level understanding of how the workforce is allocated and skill sets needed; understanding future development needs with regard to the capacity available versus required, and the skillsets needed to support the development.
• Ensuring all efforts undertaken in Software Engineering are necessary and sufficient to meet the associated objectives.
• Supporting the Director of Engineering to meet department and Company goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
• 10 years’ experience in an Engineering product development organization that includes:
• 7 years’ experience developing or leading development of complex, real time, application software packages in an object oriented environment.
• 3 years’ experience successfully managing a software engineering development organization; planning, costing, scheduling, and leading development of complex, real time, application software packages.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
• Cooperative, creative, objective, assertive, showing a high concern for effectiveness, responsible, honest, reliable, and exhibiting business acumen as well as a desire to lead.
• Hands on supervisory experience is a must.; will supervise 20 to 30 people.
• Must have technology, simulation, gaming or related software industry background.
Preferred Qualifications include:
• Master’s degree in a technical field, business, or management/leadership.
• Development experience on multi-disciplinary teams in the simulation, gaming, or related software industries.
• Development experience with C++, C#, and Java.
• A passion for innovation and raising the bar in teams, technology, and projects.
• An analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment.
• Experience leading agile development teams and organizations.
• Demonstrated understanding of a wide range of software technologies, including rendering, simulation, relational database, web, mobile, and user interface development.
Excellent benefits package including relocation expenses, Health & Dental, Life Insurance, Vision Care Plan, Short & Long Term Disability, 401 (k) Plan and more.
For immediate consideration apply at www.allpointslogistics.com.
All Points Logistics, LLC is an EEOC M/F/D/V Employer