Strategy & Operations: Finance Specialist Leader
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit , tax , consulting , and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Strategy & Operations
Executable strategy requires fusing insightful thinking with disciplined execution to achieve breakthrough performance.
Today, senior executives grapple with attaining profitable growth, strategically managing costs and intelligently navigating risk. Such challenges require more than identifying new possibilities and making tough choices. They also require bridging the gap between vision and execution .
Our Strategy and Operations teams bring deep industry experience , rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to our clients' most complex business problems. Our strategy capabilities span corporate and business unit strategy, M&A strategy, and sales and marketing. Our operational capabilities reflect the unique issues facing manufacturing organizations, service businesses and infrastructure operations. These are joined with capabilities in finance, performance management and business restructuring.
Finance: Our Finance service line focuses on the needs of the CFO and the Finance function. We help CFOs drive value for their organizations through improved decision making, finance controllership and corporate governance. The Finance service line serves clients using three main channels: Finance Strategy, Integrated Performance Management and Finance Operations.
Finance Strategy focuses on transformation improvements in finance, including processes, organization, and technology. This includes finance visioning and road map development, finance cost reduction, finance competency and organization design, and finance shared services and F&A outsourcing strategy development.
IPM focuses on improving an organization's decision-making processes. This includes improving budgeting, planning and forecasting, performance scorecard, management reporting, consolidation, financial reporting, and finance information strategy.
- Integrated Performance Management
Finance Operations assists clients with improving financial processes such as order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report, treasury and cash management, and other core financial processes.
Summary of Qualifications:
Specialist Leaders are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
In addition, successful Specialist Leaders will also have the following skills:
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Industry Knowledge: Experience within the corporate finance function, either in a consulting capacity or within industry, with at least 8+ years of relevant work experience is required.
- Project or Consulting Experience: Areas of financial reporting, financial processes or related transactions is required and specifically, experience with any one of the following:
- Finance Transformation/Strategy
- Financial Close and Consolidation
- Financial Reporting
- Exposure to Hyperion, Cognos and relevant analytic finance tools
- Performance Management and Scorecarding
- Budgeting and Planning
- Finance Shared Services
- A Bachelor's Degree is required
- Must be willing to do extensive travel to client sites
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
- A proven ability to manage large and small engagements, including relationships with client contacts and sponsors
- Very strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- An advanced degree (e.g. MBA) or financial certification (e.g. CPA, CFA) is preferred
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/ about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Deloitte - 13 months ago
Are you ready to Strengthen Your Lead? If so, consider Deloitte. The Deloitte U.S. Firms have 60,000+ professionals with a single focus:...