Barnes & Noble College Booksellers,LLC is searching for a Merchandise Buyer for the Computer Electronics category for our College bookstore division. This position will be located in our Basking Ridge, NJ, home office.
In this role the merchandise buyer will contribute to product sourcing, presentation and merchandising strategy to support strategic and financial goals. This position will develop select assortments for a growing and constant evolving category, one that is customer focused and supports the technical needs of the business.
Bachelor's Degree is preferred. 3+ years of consumer electronics/hard goods buying experience required. Candidate must have strong MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint skills. Must have strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to multi-task.
- Product selection and assortment development for assigned product category.
- Develop rapport with key Senior Management of key strategic branded suppliers
- Assist stores in developing assortments for in store “Computer Concept”.
- Manage Open to Buy, Gross Margin, Rebate and Markdown plan for area of responsibility
- Conduct research and business analysis regarding market/consumer trends, demographics, merchandise sales levels, competitor performance, etc.
- Work closely with vendors and negotiate all facets of product purchase, terms, rebate, price, quantities, etc.
- Travel to stores, trade shows, markets, and vendor facilities to meet vendors and negotiate merchandise purchases.
Barnes & Noble College
- 4 years ago - save job
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. We...