Business Development Executive (Channel) -Chicago-PS(Job Number: 14881)
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for driving revenue through prospecting, acquisition, development, and expansion customer opportunities.
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
The primary responsibilities of the BDE are to:
- Generating business leads to achieve short and long term revenue and profit growth through:
- Executing on direct Business Development programs (Telemarketing, contact management, demand generation programs, etc.)
- Leveraging Strategic Partners (Microsoft and Accenture) and the Microsoft Business Solutions Organization
- Developing and executing a Business Development Strategy for a metropolitan area
- Develop and maintain a high level understanding of:
- Avanade Offerings
- Microsoft product suite and implementation services for those products
- Accenture industry solutions
- Local competitive environment
- Manage overall Business Development process from pre to post-sales
- Support Regional Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings that lead to accelerated business closure
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management, and Business and Technical Proposal Reviews
- Support Regional Marketing Programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community by our technical consultants
- Proposal creation and delivery (written and oral participation with engagement team)
- Regional travel
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years experience in Solutions sales, with the ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services and Accenture industry solutions. Must be able to travel regularly within assigned Region.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 7 + years of services sales or professional consulting experience
- 5 + years consulting or related services sales experience with Microsoft products
- Four year college degree, advance degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing sales pipeline
- Demonstrated experience meeting sales and delivered revenue quotas
- Familiarity with Microsoft's Solution Selling methodology
- Willingness to travel (60%+ of average workweek)
- Reside in the specified metropolitan area and have established contacts within that geographies business community
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location : United States-Illinois-Chicago
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type : Standard
Region : West OU
Job : Business Development
Capability Group : BizDev
Avanade Inc. - 10 months ago
Avanade Inc. is a global technology consulting company that specializes in delivering services and solutions using Microsoft enterprise tech...