PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
Applies accounting knowledge to assist with the preparation and coordination of the month end close by ensuring financial statements are accurate and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) by preparing account reconciliations. Reviewing financial reports, preparing entries and analyses, and resolving problems with appropriate financial office, corporate or facility staff. Prepare non-income tax returns, reconcile ADP payroll tax reports, and maintain lease files and summaries.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
CUSTOMER SERVICE :
- Responsible for driving the FMCNA culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES :
- Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including intercompany, interdivision and inventory accounts, as required by the corporate calendar. Analyze, identify and resolve all variances on a timely basis and assure that balance accurately reflects the asset or liability based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP).
- Analyzes financial transactions to ensure they are recorded to the appropriate general ledger accounts and makes any necessary corrections to journal entries as needed to properly reflect the financial position of the division.
- Prepares reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis. Resolves all general ledger variances on a timely basis and assures that stale checks are resolved timely per office procedures.
- Reviews financial reports and prepares all necessary accrual entries to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with GAAP.
- Reviews prepaid balance sheet accounts monthly and ensure that all necessary entries are complete to produce financial statements that are accurate and in compliance with GAAP.
- Identifies and investigates intercompany and facility out of balance issues as needed on a monthly basis and coordinates with appropriate personnel to resolve and make any necessary corrections.
- Summarizes quarterly PTO analyses and prepares monthly accrual entries to assure adequate balance sheet provision.
- Reconciles discretionary fund balance sheet account monthly and notifies Director of Operations, Area managers, RVP and Controllers of debit balance accounts in a timely fashion.
- Prepares non-income tax returns, ensures timely payments of tax bills and prepares accounting entries necessary to provide for timely recognition of expense.
- Reconciles ADP payroll tax reports with balance sheet accounts. Analyzes and identifies tax filing problems and resolves any anomalies with ADP and payroll department, and maintains payroll tax files.
- Prepares medical supplies cost per treatment entries, reviews inventory packages and resolves discrepancies with facility staff, and prepares book -to -physical adjustment entries, ensuring that medical supplies expense and inventory are reported accurately in accordance with GAAP.
- Reviews Pharmacy Usage Inventory Counts and resolves discrepancies with facility staff. Records journal entries and ensures that the pharmacy expense accounts and inventory are reported accurately in accordance with GAAP.
- Participates in the monthly financial statement review to ensure accuracy of reporting and compliance with GAAP.
- Prepares monthly local purchase/project reconciliation as well as maintaining the fixed asset system.
- Maintains knowledge of new applicable laws and regulations that apply to the accounting function and healthcare industry.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS :
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years accounting experience.
- Functional knowledge of spreadsheet, accounting and word processing software.
- Must be detail oriented with good analytical, accuracy, and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with upper management.
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...