Objective of Position
To achieve and maintain high client satisfaction by providing effective service to assigned institutional clients as dictated by the Miles Capital Client Service Standards; Retain assigned client relationships and deliver planned revenue for Miles Capital while identifying opportunities to grow revenue base with existing clients.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Serve as a direct point of contact for assigned institutional accounts and Act as liaison between the client, Miles Capital, and other interested parties.
- Provide clients with institutional investment solutions and trusted guidance to achieve short-term and long-term objectives, including investment policy statement review and results of the portfolio performance.
- Create client business plans; execute on the business, investment, and communication strategy developed within to exceed client expectations.
- Represent all aspects of Miles Capital’s brand to existing institutional clients.
- Leverage Miles Capital resources, business systems, and client servicing framework to achieve client satisfaction.
- Participate in the annual review of the client service framework and budget creation.
- Maintain productive relationships with all members of client service team to work hand-in-hand to execute all aspects of the client service framework.
- Exemplify key professional behaviors of integrity, team work, courage, client focus, and progressiveness externally to clients and internally to optimize Miles Capital employee resources and engagement.
- Manage special projects as required.
Qualities We Seek
- In-depth knowledge of institutional investment management, products and services.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills required.
- Proven experience presenting relevant investment strategies and other key topics in a variety of group settings (to CFO, Treasurer, Board or Intermediary).
- Ability to engage, understand and explain technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent leadership, decision-making and negotiation skills required.
- Proven success in meeting and/or exceeding established goals.
- High level of drive and self-motivation; able to perform with limited oversight and supervision.
- Strong organization skills required, including the ability to work within a team framework, utilizing resources very effectively.
- Make recommendations and provide support to the Manager, Relationship Management to achieve client service initiatives, which may also include corporate-wide initiatives.
- Willingness to travel to client meeting locations, which may include less than twenty overnights annually.
- Basic computer skills required (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- College degree in business, finance, marketing, economics or accounting required;
- Master’s Degree and/or CIMA/CFA designation preferred.
- At least 5-10 years of external client facing experience within an investment related discipline.
Founded in 1982, Miles Capital is an independent institutional asset manager based in West Des Moines, Iowa. We are committed to understanding our clients’ objectives and working with them to create outcome-oriented investment solutions that help achieve their goals. Our investment professionals manage over $4 billion in fixed income and equity investments for clients and offer comprehensive service solutions. For more information, please visit our website at www.miles-capital.com.
Founded in 1982, Miles Capital is an independent institutional asset manager based in West Des Moines, Iowa. We are committed to...