Purpose of the job:
The primary responsibility of all Blue Sky Systems Administrators is to create and maintain a productive working environment for their users.
- Providing a secure and highly available enterprise application environment (see Responsibilities and Requirements section, below) that meets or exceeds current best practices and industry standards.
- Specifying, installing, customizing and integrating applications into the studio's production infrastructure
- Usability, performance and availability monitoring and analysis.
- Providing technical leadership for troubleshooting and remediating applications, including post mortem analysis and post-event response.
- Working with customers and vendors to specify, design, integrate, implement and provide ongoing support for robust technology solutions that support the studio's production requirements and goals; meet usability and functional requirements; evolve with changing conditions and requirements.
- Technical input for the development of 1 to 3 year technical roadmaps.
Responsible for maintaining the Studio's enterprise applications including but not limited to:
- Voice-over-IP phone system
- Database administration
- Directory services
- Email collaboration, including email, instant messaging, calendar, contacts & tasks
- File transfer
- Help desk
- Network services
- Remote access
- Tape backup and recovery
Responsible for Studio processes including but not limited to:
- Emergency response
- Legal discovery
- Systems maintenance
- Policy enforcement
- Secure studio assets in line with best practices and industry standards.
- Document system requirements and project proposals based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule. Ensure that the requirements are consistent, complete and operationally defined.
- Resolve problems arising during design, implementation and day-to-day operations quickly with minimal interruption of production processes.
- Generate acceptance test requirements for all new projects.
- Performance monitoring and metrics for enterprise application services.
- Ensure that production technology and processes are current and do not become obsolete.
- Write end-user documentation for enterprise applications and processes.
- Contribute to policies governing system use and services.
- Works under general direction from senior management.
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring for systems operations staff.
- Able to work flexible work hours, including early morning, evenings and weekend shifts as required for maintenance and support.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Three to five years' experience supporting enterprise applications. Expertise in any of the following technologies is a plus:
- VoIP Phone Systems:
Avaya Server Model S8800; Avaya Communications Manager.
- Database administration
- Directory Services
Active Directory, OpenLdap, NIS,
- Network Services
DHCP, DNS, NFS, CIFS, Samba
- Email, Instant Messaging, Calendar and Contacts
Zimbra Collaboration Suite; Apple Mail, Calendar & Contacts; Mailman list server; Pidgin & Adium IM clients; Jabber XMPP IM server.
- File Transfer
Secure file transfer protocols.
- Help Desk
- Remote Access
OpenVPN, Palo Alto VPN, ssh
Firewall, mail gateway and workstation security solutions.
- Tape backup and recovery
Spectralogic Tape Library, EMC Networker, Oracle Secure Backup, Symantec NetBackup
- Operating Systems. Demonstrable experience with Linux (Fedora, Scientific Linux, CentOS) and Windows (XP, Windows 7) operating systems. Experience with Mac OS X OS X (10.6, 10.7, 10.8) is a plus.
- Systems Programming. Expertise in a systems programming language such as Perl, Awk, Unix Shell, Python.
- Communication Skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively and accurately with management, systems administration team members, customers and vendors is a core job responsibility. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience writing and presenting specifications and proposals.
- Project Management. A proven track record for managing multiple projects, priorities and tasks.
- Experience with taking a leadership role in technical incident management and resolution.
- The ability to work at a high level and maintain perspective in high-pressure production-critical situations.
- Degree. A degree in computer science or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Office working environment
- Systems provides IT support for a 24/7 Animation Studio: Flexible working hours and overtime required, including early morning, late evening and occasional weekends. Some systems maintenance is scheduled for evenings and weekends.
- Lifting of up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Fox is an Equal Opportunity Employer.|
- 2 years ago - save job