Requisition ID: |
Senior Manager of Advanced Operations
Puerto Rico Ops
Business Sub Function:
Responsible for the development and transfer of New Products platforms and Manufacturing Transfer activities drive by the Product Life-cycle Management for Latin America Operations. . Will identify and evaluate business opportunities for Latin America operations and support Stryker Divisions needs in due diligence process for disposable business.
- Plans, organizes and set goals for the new product development function.
- Leads and plans the new product development and transfer process by coordinating with appropriate staff, vendors, and facilities to ensure specific cost, time quality and regulatory standards for products are being met.
- Aids in the new product development process by ensuring identification of assembly techniques, manufacturing processes and design recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures product and process technologies are aligned with site core competencies in the selection of manufacturing venue
- Leads the manufacturing transfer process to and/or from Latin American venues.
- Ensures the effective use of materials, equipment and personnel in producing high quality products at minimal cost.
- Monitor and control progress of projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed.
- Will assist vendors in resolving manufacturing and quality related issues.
- Will evaluate results of projects and provide manufacturing guidance / assistance as needed.
- Will submit periodic reports on areas of responsibility
- Plays a lead role in “make-vs-buy” analyses and in the site selection process, in conjunction with the Strategic Sourcing Teams
- May have personal contact with customers and government agencies
- Manages and evaluates directly and/or indirectly the activities of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Sets overall group goals and priorities and evaluates subordinate’s performance based on those goals and priorities.
- Coaches and develops new products personnel and engineering management staff.
- Sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and or minimal amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, etc… Generally involves sitting most of the time.
- Effective reading and writing skills.
- Excellent math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, some algebra, some statistics).
- Evaluation and ingenuity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Leadership skills.
- Decision making skills, strategic and tactical that effect the organization.
- Bilingual – English & Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree (Basic sciences, engineering, or similar technical field)
- 10-15 years of experience in Advanced Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, and/or Quality functions, preferably in medical device, or other regulated industry.
- Global work experience preferred
- Experience working with project team collaboration tools
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in a business environment; ability to quickly gain respect of and support from fellow leaders
Required Education and Training:
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree in science/engineering
- Robust experience in design transfer, manufacturing transfer and sustaining engineering in the medical device industry
- Financial Analysis skills required
- Strategic Analysis skills required
- Strong understanding of FDA Quality System Requirements and related global Medical Device Quality Standards
Percent Travel Required:
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare...