Skills: BSN or BS/BA with MSN preferred; completion of BSN or MSN within 5 years;
(not required for those hired in 2000 and prior). State of New Mexico Nursing License required. One year of experience in nursing specialty or related clinical field required.
Primary Job Functions
Summary of Primary Functions
- Acts as clinical/managerial resource by facilitating the delivery of patient care for a group of patients.
- Acts as clinical resource by facilitating the delivery of patient care for a group of patients. Makes patient care assignments based on patient needs. Plans for staffing needs based on patient acuity. Plans staffing requirements for next shift, day and week and corrects noted deficiencies.
- Expedites pro-active and anticipatory triaging of patients to include active communication with nursing supervisor, admitting, emergency department and unit secretary in regards to bed availability and assignments as applicable.
- Assures compliance with established department standards, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Facilitates and supports other staff during code red, code blue, code green emergencies and disasters.
- Effectively assists and communicates with other members of the nursing team and/or other disciplines. Assumes direct patient care responsibility compatible with individual unit needs. Actively participates in problem solving and conflict resolution to maintain team cohesiveness and positive customer relations.
- Role models professional growth and development through participation in educational programs. Attends inservice meetings and workshops and reviews current literature.
- Participates in ongoing shared governance activities and provides leadership for the implementation of initiatives as recommended by the councils.
- Contributes to planning of the unit budget and directs daily unit activity consistent with budgetary guidelines.
- Supervises all nursing personnel assigned to shift. Participates and provides input into employee performance evaluation.
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 18 months ago