Mechanical Engineering Intern: Graduate (Tech)
Division Diabetes C G M
Relocation Relocation eligibility to be determined
Job Type Intern
Travel Percentage 0%
Experience Required Less than 1 year
Education Required Bachelor of Science
Medtronic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
THIS IS A TEMPORARY SUMMER INTERN POSITION.
Intern candidate will gain real world experience while working for the world's largest medical device manufacturer. This position will support the Design, Testing and Documentation of novel medical devices relating to the diabetes industry.
- Setting up engineering tests & writing reports on results
- Concept development of Electrochemical Glucose Sensor Devices
- Validation activities (characterization, testing, reporting) towards the manufacture of high volume medical devices
- Completed fully acquired BS degree
- 1st year masters level coursework already completed at accredited university by start of internship
Physical Job Requirements
- Previous internship and/or substantial extracurricular activities relating to mechanical engineering
- Experience and/or working knowledge of SolidWorks design software
- Extracurricular activities related to mechanical engineering
- Experience in optical and/or fiber-optic component design
- Experience in materials testing and/or failure analysis
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- Able to view items through microscope
- Extended periods of time doing computer-based work
SystemsEngineeringJobs.com - 15 months ago
Medtronic, Inc. is engaged in medical technology. The Company functions in seven operating segments that manufacture and sell device-based m...