The Community Field Coordinator (CFC) will assist with the implementation of the school-wide support and community outreach program. The CFC develops and implements programs and strategies that will establish partnerships and collaborations with community agencies, corporate organizations and families.
The CFC will maintain high a level of professionalism, responsibility, consistency, and respect at all times.
1. Initiate and develop a marketing plan for the school newsletter and brochures.
2. Establish formal/informal partnerships with community and corporate agencies.
3. Initiate community outreach using appropriate cultural and linguistic strategies.
4. Coordinate events and celebrations including cultural diverse activities that affirm the international heritage of all students and their families.
5. Develop strategies to ensure parent and family involvement in the school.
6. Assist in the coordination of parent/community advocacy and support for the school.
7. Make phone contact with students' parents/guardians.
8. Identify resources collaborators/speakers to facilitate dialogues and presentations for the student body.
9. Initiate and develop corporate partnerships that will provide additional financial and programmatic resources for the school.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Forty-eight (48) Credit Hours of College Coursework or an Associates Degree, or a passing score on one of the two following Formalized Standardized Assessments: ParaPro Assessment or WorkKeys Certificate of Proficiency for Teacher Assistants.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills
4. Strong communication skills
5. Demonstrated success in establishing community partnerships and networks
6. Experience working with young people
7. Demonstrated experience working with community based organizations particularly those that work with migrants and immigrant families
8. Sensitivity to student cultural and special needs
9. Ability to work as a member of a team.
10. Must be a resident of the City of Boston or be willing to move to the City of Boston if hired.
Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
3.Proven experience in fundraising, grant writing and report writing of projects
4.Proven managerial expertise in an urban setting
5.Experience working in urban schools
BTU, contractual hourly rate
Please see the Boston Public Schools website for salary information.
SchoolSpring.com - 12 months ago
In 1987, the Boston Public Schools (BPS) and the Mayor's Office signed an agreement to fund a network of community-based, alternative educat...