Metron Aviation is looking to expand its ranks to support the growing need of Air Traffic Management (ATM) research, product development and mission analysis. Strengthened by the Airbus acquisition, Metron Aviation’s long-term strategy is to support and accelerate ATM programs that will dramatically improve global air transportation capacity, efficiency and environmental sustainability.
Metron Aviation provides advanced research, Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM), airspace design and energy and environmental solutions to Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP), airlines and airports. Metron Aviation is a prime contractor on System Engineering 2020 (SE-2020), the FAA’s strategic program for implementing NextGen, and is performing advanced research and development work on the Single European Sky ATM Research (SESAR) program. In addition, Metron Aviation provides commercial ATFM solutions that optimize airspace and airport capacity for customers around the world including Airservices Australia, South Africa’s ATNS, Delta Air Lines and FedEx.
Metron Aviation, Inc. is seeking a Principal Engineer to work NAS Interface Integration Planning to prepare NextGen programs for Operational Deployment. The senior technical consultant will provide experienced input to the FAA Data Comm Program Management team and the En Route 2nd level engineering team. This position will include systems engineering input for NAS Interface management, planning and oversight support for operational systems integration, and risk management concept analysis for data com operational effectiveness and suitability. Metron Aviation is a collaborative environment that fosters advanced research, concept exploration, product development and interaction with the nation’s leading aviation subject matter experts. Metron Aviation prides itself on a work environment where employees can succeed.
- Lead project activities involving collaboration across FAA Program office and the En Route 2nd level engineering team
- Provide the analysis of Data comm integration with current and future operational systems resulting in a stable Enroute performance across multiple platforms
- Review, analysis, modeling and demonstration of operational concepts for the exploration of new or revised procedures/policies, assessment of technical and operational feasibility, and evaluation of performance and operational benefit
- Influence system architectures and specifications for prototype evaluation
- Influence integrated project schedule to reduce program risks
- Support program activities such as risk and opportunity management
- Preparation and editing of technical reports, papers, and presentations
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering (civil, electrical, electronic, chemical, industrial, mechanical, aeronautical, or computer) from a college or university with a degree curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience in NAS automations systems; 15+ preferred
- Strong knowledge of and working experience within the national air transportation system, concepts and technologies being formed for the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen)
- Knowledge of FAA National Airspace System (NAS) automation architecture, Data Comm, Enroute and Terminal programs and systems integration
- Knowledge of FAA Cross Domain activities including System Operations, Terminal, Tower, Planning, etc.
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to be flexible required
- Candidate must be able to pass a background investigation and to obtain a Position of Public Trust designation
This full-time position includes excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k), short and long-term disability and generous paid time off.
Metron Aviation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Metron Aviation - 16 months ago