Good News Garage (GNG), a program of Lutheran Social Services with operations in New England, is one of the first nonprofit social enterprise car donation programs in the U.S.
Ready To Go drivers use donated vehicles and schedule rides for clients to access essential life activities, including jobs, training and childcare. Ready To Go provides more than 30,000 rides annually across the state of Vermont.
The Driver transports Ready-To-Go participants courteously, safely and efficiently. The Driver reports directly to the Program Manager.
This position is per diem.
- Transports Ready To Go participants and their children in a safe, efficient, timely manner
- Understands and uses child safety seats appropriately
- Maintains a clean van and reports appropriate safety and mechanical concerns
- Use good judgment in driving situations especially with regard to weather
- Complete, neat, accurate and timely records kept in driver's mileage log
- Works with dispatcher in order to execute the district schedule with changes and updates as the dispatcher directs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If interested in applying forward your resume or application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
- Excellent driver with clean driving record and current VT license
- Personable, clear communicator
- Independent decision-making required to trouble shoot problems that come up on the road, to cope with changes in schedule due to the weather or the needs of the Ready To Go participants.
- Willingness to work closely with general public, staff, and vendors as a courteous LSS representative
- Must be able to demonstrate safe and proper use of child safety seats upon completion of training program prior to driving
- Maintained confidentiality of program recipients
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Accurate and thorough; good follow-through on all tasks
- Must be able to read, understand, and effectively use maps and directions to locate clients and destinations
- Must have good vision for driving
- Must be able to work for up to 12 hours in a day, driving
Lutheran Social Services
Att. Human Resources
261 Sheep Davis Road Suite A-1
Concord, NH 03301
Please reference requisition # 1016132
Lutheran Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lutheran Social Services of New England - 8 months ago