Sr. Programmer Analyst - Linux
This position is responsible for writing the most complex programs of a development project as well as maintaining and supporting existing applications. This person will be capable of completing the detail design phase of a project by preparing program specifications, including screen and report designs, report option requirements, input/output file descriptions and processing, test and implementation plans.
Experience in the following areas:
· 3 years senior level experience with emphasis on the following areas including:
· Programming experience in the Linux environment.
· Patch management ( preferably with RedHat satellite server)
· Experience with any of the following security technologies: IPTables, PAM, OSSEC, SELinux, PenTest
· Locking down a browser ( Firefox, Chrome)
· Building Custom RPM’s
· Patching Linux systems ( including kernel upgrades); remote systems using Satellite server preferred
· Administrating remote Linux desktop systems
· Scripting languages: Perl, Python, Bash
· Gnome Desktop Lockdown/Configuration
· Programming experience utilizing sockets, pipes, and other forms of inter-process communication.
· Experience with some or all of the following programming languages: Python, Perl, Linux shell scripting.
· Working with others for on/offsite support.
· Communicate with Project Leaders, Managers, as well as outside vendors.
· Ability to meet deadlines.
Other experiences not required but would be a plus:
· Familiarity with software/hardware interfaces
· Program development in a retail environment
Sterling Jewelers Inc. - 18 months ago