The primary focus of this position is monitoring and remediating Kroger Wide Area Network (WAN) incidents. This includes day-to-day triage , diagnosis and remediation of first and second level WAN incidents, which includes, but is not limited to, Cisco router support, 3G wireless network support and carrier circuit support. This role is within Kroger’s Network Operations Center (NOC) team, which is accountable for the availability of Kroger WAN, mean-time-to-repair of WAN incidents and the overall health of Kroger’s WAN. The successful candidate will use existing tools and processes to proactively recognize issues and trends. Work to provide timely and effective resolution of issues to meet business requirements and Service Level Agreements. Assist incident manager with network expertise and suggestions for actions. Provide follow up to insure proper problem and resolution management is being done to prevent recurring incidents. This position is a nightshift Monday through Friday position with rotating weekend coverage .
The Teams in this area include:
- Enterprise Backup/Recovery (support of Kroger enterprise backup / recovery platforms for Mainframe and open systems solutions.)
- Enterprise Collaboration Platform Services (support of Kroger enterprise collaboration platforms i.e, email, calendaring, instant messaging, mobile communications infrastructure, and portal).
- Enterprise DBA Platform Services
- Enterprise Desktop Engineering Services
- Enterprise Network Engineering Services
- Enterprise Storage Platform Services
- Identity Management, Enterprise Directory Services, encryption.
- Enterprise Web Engineering Services (support of Kroger enterprise web platforms MS eCommerce service, IBM websphere, IBM HIS / Apache, tomcat, JBOSS, and portal).
- Integration Services
- Mainframe MVS and VSE Platform Services
- UNIX AS/400 Platform Services
- Windows/Citrix/Directory Services
- Information Security
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor the Kroger Network to insure availability and mean-time-to-repair service levels goals are achieved
- Provide first level and second network equipment remediation for all WAN related incidents.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert on Kroger’ s WAN environments and operations
- Triage, diagnosis and remediate network problems using existing tools and process, as well as own knowledge of networking equipment and operations.
- Create new resolution procedures to build the knowledge base following the departmental standards with assistance/direction from the technical teams.
- Provide Sys Change support and/or execute Sys Changes with the guidance from Network Engineers
- Critical network issue conference call facilitation
- Perform daily maintenance on Cisco routers, switches, CSU/DSU’s and other network equipment
- Possess a solid working knowledge of the support areas assigned, as well as a good knowledge of peripheral support areas assigned to the team.
- Recognize and appropriately escalate high priority incidents quickly to proper network level 3 team
- Display solid technical proficiency in network support.
- Continually self-educate using various training methods and tools to maintain a high level of proficiency in network monitoring.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience in a Network Operations and Technologies Experience.
- Cisco CCENT certification required.
- Experience in troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Knowledge of Network Protocols and IP routing
- Good customer service skills required
Desired Previous Job Experience
- CCNA a plus.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in an enterprise Network Operations Center
- Experience in Operations Analyst 3 position