To ensure that all Banquet equipment and/or foods/beverages is set as required and ready for use at the specified time and to be the liaison between guest and the Hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Report to work on time and in full uniform.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management, which the associate is capable of performing.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in Concord Hospitality Handbooks.
- Attends daily BEO meetings and discusses plan of action for the next day with the Lead Banquet Captain/Director of Event Management.
- Upon reporting to work, receives room function assignments from the Lead Captain/Director of Event Management and discussed only last minute changes.
- Ensures that all functions are posted correctly on the event board in the lobby.
- Check-in servers, assigns stations, and pre-posts function side work duties.
- Responsible for proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables used for catering functions.
- Responsible for all servers on the floor and supervises services received by the guests throughout each assigned function.
- Prepares daily summary and turns it in to Night Audit with all completed banquet checks.
- Trains and develops back up personnel for the position of Banquet Captain.
- Supervises the handling, storage, and security of all catering services equipment.
- Maintains constant contact with the Banquet Chef to ensure complete, effective communication between food production and food service. Gives exact count after guests have been seated advises as to last minute timing.
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware, and condiments for correct placement by set-up crew and to ensure that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive.
- Sees that all scheduled functions take place on time and according to plan. All rooms are to be ready 15 minutes before time on the BEO.
- Supervises clearing and post function clean up. Checks servers out, making sure that function rooms, aisle, and storage areas are clean, and equipment is cleaned and stored properly.
- Complete banquet checklist.
- Extend and total the check double-check for accuracy and have host sign it.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and are an E-verify employer. Apply on-line at https://re21.ultipro.com/CON1029/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2255, no phone calls please.
Please see above
Concord Hospitality - 2 years ago