Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned financial services providers in the world representing an international network of strong brands with first-class products. Above all, we strive for commitment to excellence in our daily business, in our relationships with customers, shareholders, employees and society. The Allianz Group serves more than 78 million customers in about 70 countries.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz center for corporate and specialist risk, servicing clients worldwide across the whole spectrum of marine, aviation, corporate and industrial insurance.
Global Business Analyst
This role acts as an interface and point of liaison between the Business community and Information Technology (IT). The key area of focus is a requirements definition and to provide direction for processes supported by IT applications, primarily focused on databases and reporting.
The role needs awareness of IT applications and identification of inefficient & cost prohibitive operational processing. The role is to redesign processes and/or continually improve business process improvements supported by IT applications.
- Appreciation and understanding of Allianz business vision (five pillars) culture & ethics.
- Appreciation of Allianz's position within the Global Insurance solution providers. Knowledge of competitors and market movements is essential.
- Appreciation on interaction between the functional areas e.g. Sales, Underwriting, Claims, Finance.
- An understanding of end-to end processing within the insurance business environment e.g. from sales to finance.
- Enforce Global consistency for all OE’s & LoB’s
- Key drivers in IT Application definition & structures
- ‘Communication Interface’ between the ‘Business Representatives’ & ‘Information Technology’
- ‘Translators’ of business requirements to supporting processes & IT solutions
- Business issue specification production.
- Business issue arbitration & resolution.
- Application of implementation methodologies (SDLC, Prince2, ITIL, etc)
- Support Global Business Change Management where requested with
- Delivery of Training to super users and end users / business representatives
- Training strategy & planning
- Production of training manuals & associated literature.
- Conduct business representative training
- User Acceptance Testing
- General Support
- Input for business scenarios
- Go-live support and maintenance support
- General support for business representatives at implementation
- Professional insurance qualifications e.g. Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) or significant progress towards. Business Analyst qualifications e.g. ISEB are advantageous.
- Business expertise in a trading environment within the Financial Services sector. Deemed to be an expert in at least one dedicated functional area e.g. Underwriting, Claims, Financial Accounting etc
- Project management/negotiation/conflict management skills (desirable), self-starter, pro-active, reliable and committed, able to work in teams and customer oriented. Project Management qualifications are an advantage.
- Familiarity with AGCS IT applications and business processes. Experience of databases and reporting tools. Ability to drive innovation and change.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills. Able to communicate and explain clearly, concisely and effectively with both business and users and technical specialists
- Demonstrable people and task management skills. Able to build and develop relationships. Pro-active thinkers who strive for continuous improvements with a keen problem solving approach. Able to overcome barriers and to negotiate solutions whilst maintaining effective working relationships
- Solutions oriented and resourceful – seeks win-win solutions which best meet individual stakeholder and overall business needs. Committed to delivery of high quality services
- Enquiring and tenacious – seeks to understand the real issues, not simply take things at face value. Able to interpret requirements
- A team player who will be flexible in relation to hours and role requirements in order to ensure the team delivers
- Ability to speak German next to English is desirable. Other languages are an advantage especially, French or Spanish.
- Flexible to travel to AGCS Global offices as and when required. In particular for onboarding it is expected to have a 3 month stay in one of our European locations (London / Munich).
Reference Code AGCS-2010586-2
At Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty we have built a team and a culture that are as innovative as our products, and we continue to grow because we help our employees to do the same. We believe that work should be rewarding, and that good work should be rewarded. We offer opportunity, and expect excellence. And we do this all with high ethical standards and a commitment to our community. If you are ready to grow, and if you want to be rewarded, Allianz Global Corporate Specialty is the place for you. Everyone is welcome to apply, regardless of gender, national origin, ethnicity or possible disability.
More information about careers at Allianz Global Corporate Specialty can be found at
Together with its customers and sales partners, Allianz is one of the strongest financial communities with a presence in over 70 countries....