Casino Finance Director
El San Juan Resorts & Casino
6063 Isla Verde Ave
The Casino Finance Director position is charged with the overall responsibility of the Casino financial Operations, the preparation of the Casino financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
With thousands of hotels in more than 80 countries, Hilton Worldwide offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travelers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget.
If you understand the importance of a proper welcome and know how to offer an exceptional hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Worldwide. Because it’s with Hilton Worldwide where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike. We're Hilton Worldwide. Welcome.
What will I be doing?
The Casino Finance Director reviews monthly operating statistics, prepares analysis of Casino financial operations, and oversees the administration of casino self audits and internal controls. In particular, you will also be responsible for:
What are we looking for?
- Safeguard all records
- Formulate, implement and enforce rules and procedures for the Casino Accounting Department
- Oversee and ensure preparation of Casino Budget and forecast
- Oversee and ensure preparation and adherence to “Check book Accounting” controls for department
- Hire, train, schedule, evaluate and terminate Casino Accounting staff
- Supervision / oversight of all Casino Accounting Staff
- Primarily responsible for development, implementation and review of all internal controls
- Approval of all general ledger reconciliations related to Casino
- Approval of all financial statements and management reports and related journals and source documents
- Periodically ensure surprise counts of various Casino operating banks and funds
- Coordinate / interface with independent auditors and government agencies
- Investigate and document all material cash variances
- Periodically observe Soft Count and Hard Count
- Review / Administration of CTR and SARC documentation and submissions to governmental agencies
- Develop, implement, evaluate and update internal control procedures
- Assist in preparation of annual budget
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and discipline department staff in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Coordinate and conduct required training of CTR and SARC as well as any other necessary training to ensure compliance with regulations and local, state or federal laws
- Comply at all times with Hilton standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient Hotel and Casino operations
- Complies at all times with regulatory, departmental and company policies, also with federal and local laws
- Approach all encounters with guests and fellow employees in a friendly, service oriented manner
- Must be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees and communicate in a pleasant, friendly and professional manner at all times
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information data from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need
- Must be able to work well, maintain composure and objectivity in stressful, high pressure situations
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including, anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving co-worker and guest problems as necessary
What benefits will I receive?
- College degree preferred
- Supervisory experience desired
- Able to work evenings, weekends and rotating shifts
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Criminal Background/ Credit Check, required
- Casino License required
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Worldwide --- offering an open door, a welcoming smile, and an exceptional experience.
Reached a total of 29 million Hilton HHonors® members — with 2.5 million members joining in 2010 alone
One of the largest hospitality companies in the U.S. by number of rooms
Developing one of the largest pipelines in our history and in the industry --- with a special commitment to global expansion
First major hospitality company to require sustainability measurement as a brand standard
Hilton - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a private...