The Division of Behavioral Health in Region 4 (Boise) has an exciting opportunity for candidates experienced in maintenance of medical records! We are seeking applicants who have knowledge of state and federal requirements for the maintenance and retention of patient records. Excellent typing skills are essential for this position.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Health Information Specialist and wish to be considered for this vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
- Maintain health information data system
- Generate statistical reports
- Transcribe and coordinate transcription of medical records
- Coordinate records activities with other departmental units
- Authorize release of patient information
- Ensure records system procedures comply with federal and state statutes and regulations
- Compile patient census, statistical, and medical information for research and other special studies
Additional Qualifications: Are not required; however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score.
- Good knowledge of state and federal requirements for the maintenance and retention of patient records and the confidentiality and release of records
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices
- Some knowledge of automated information systems
- Experience coding and maintaining indices of illness and disease in accordance with federal and state medical record laws and guidelines
- Medical transcription experience. Typically gained by at least one year of medical transcription experience.
There is an exam for this position to determine an applicant's eligibility. Click the "Preview Exam" button below to review the exam. You must receive a score of 75 to pass this exam. If at any time during the screening/testing process your responses or resume do not support the answers you provided, your name will be removed from the register.