System Administrator Sr Professional
Remote Work Authorized
Feb 13, 2013, 11:23:17 AM
CSC is looking for a Unix SME /Lead with experience in Solaris 10 and 11, Veritas Volume Manager, Sun Clusters, Veritas Clusters and LDOMS. The candidates who also have exposure to Redhat Enterprise Linux will be preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex systems and database administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Oversees, recommends and implements appropriate level database solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of a library of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Five or more years of experience in Unix operating systems Solaris and Linux with experience in VERITAS Volume manager,Solaris zones and LDOMS,Ø VERITAS Cluster server,Redhat Enterprise Linux and knowledge of VMware .
Skilled in troubleshooting for complex systems.
Good in IT documentation and Project Management
Good in ITIL knowledge
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Good communication skills
Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
RHCE Certification is definitely perferable
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of experience in a client-server environment
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration, and landscape maintenance
- Experience working with company products and services
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes
CSC - 19 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...