Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Dish is seeking an experienced Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL Developer, with at least 8 years of continuous hands-on ETL development/architecture experience, utilizing both Inmon and Kimball methodologies in a large scale enterprise data warehouse environment.
Primary responsibilities of the ETL Developer fall into the following categories:
- Participate in all phases of the enterprise data warehouse SDLC. Establish, maintain and enforce ETL architecture design principles, techniques, standards and best practices.
- Analyze requirements package and engineer an ETL architecture/integration solution that is flexible, highly performant, scalable and correctly manages business data/information. Understand ETL architecture, data integration and infrastructure related risks, and develop mitigation plans. Drive the technical design of ETL reference architecture to ensure high data quality, data integration performance and error recovery/handling. Establish and maintain comprehensive ETL architecture and data integration documentation, including flows, transformations, error recovery, etc. Conduct ETL architecture and data integration design review sessions.
- Ensure technical architectures and solutions represent sound directions for clients and anticipate the subsequent growth of the solutions. Articulate key aspects of architecture and design (e.g., scalability, availability, manageability, robustness, appropriate incorporation of new technology) through models, documentation, and code.
- Create and maintain project plans, using work breakdown structures (WBS), as well as establishing LOE and timelines for all activities. Interact closely with Business Analysis team, Data Architecture team and BI Reporting teams to ensure understanding of data integration, data architecture and BI requirements. Assist in source to target mapping activities, in conjunction with the data analysis team.
- Participate as a member of MDM, metadata and data governance design, implementation and maintenance activities . Participate in performance tuning triage and resolution activities. Develop data integration architectures for MDM related software tools. Participate in requirements gathering and refinement interviews, as needed.
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
A successful ETL Developer will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Computer Science or Software Engineering. Prefer data management certified, from an industry standard organization (e.g. TDWI, DAMA, etc) or educational institution.
- 5 years of continuous data architecture and data modeling, with at least 3 recent years of primary ETL architecture design and implementation responsibility, preferable in a VLDB / MPP environment. In addition, strongly prefer to have implemented at least 1 data warehouse project from inception to implementation. 3 years of recent continuous experience in ETL architecture design, utilizing Informatica. 3 consecutive years in designing and implementing ETL architecture and integrations on Teradata platform, v2R6 or more current version.
- Deep knowledge and experience utilizing Teradata bulk load utilities and BTEQ. Experience in using Autosys in conjunction with Teradata. Strong knowledge and current experience in Teradata query tuning, explain plans and performance triage/troubleshooting. In depth and current knowledge of Teradata data distribution techniques and their applicability and usage. Strong knowledge and recent experience in designing and implementing Teradata focused PPIs, JIs, AJIs, and other techniques for performance tuning.
- Strong background and competency in enterprise data warehouse data architecture and data modeling patterns, following established Kimball and Inmon methodologies.
- Prefer experience with Netezza MPP platform. Experience with designing ETL architectures leveraged by data marts supporting OLAP, MOLAP and ROLAP applications.
- Must have strong analytical skills for effective problem solving. Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to change with a variety of people and work styles. Excellent communications and inter-personal skills. Exceptionally self-motivated and self-directed. Keen attention to detail, understand the need for consistent process and when to deviate
DISH - 17 months ago
Real Opportunity. Everyday
DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in...