UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR #1506326
We are seeking a Unix Systems Administrator with extensive experience working in a complex computing environment to join our engineering customer support team. This is not a beginner level help desk position. Our customer base consists of hundreds of extremely intelligent engineers who continually provide us with complex problems to be solved. A thorough understanding of Redhat and Ubuntu Linux administration is a must.
Because this position supports many users and systems in a worldwide production environment, good judgment and attention to detail are essential. A friendly, outgoing personality and strong written and verbal communication skills are also critical as we always strive to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:A solid, thorough understanding and experience with:
DESIREABLE SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- General Unix administration and troubleshooting
- RedHat or derivative and Ubuntu Linux administration
- Linux desktop environments (Gnome, KDE, VNC, NX, etc)
- TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- DNS administration
- NFS and the Linux automounter
- Building, installation, and support of GNU/FSF development tools
- Shell scripting and automation of repetitive tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passionate drive to provide excellence in IT support to your users
- Ability to serve in a weekly rotation of 24/7 oncall support
- Perl programming experience is a big plus.
- Cygwin administration
- Network Appliance or Isilon filers
- Unix/Windows interoperability and CIFS file sharing
- Apache web server administration
- Batch queuing systems (LSF, Grid, etc)
- Source code and version control systems (Perforce, CVS, etc)
- Configuration management tools (cfengine, etc.)
- Linux firewalls, security, and packet filtering
NVIDIA awakened the world to computer graphics when it invented the GPU in 1999. From its roots in visual computing, NVIDIA expanded into...