IMVU, Inc. ( http://www.imvu.com ) is an online social game where members use 3D avatars to meet new people, chat, create and play games with their friends. IMVU has reached 100 million registered users, 10+ million unique visitors per month and a $50+ million annualized revenue run rate. IMVU has the world's largest virtual goods catalog of more than six million items, almost all of which are created by its own members. IMVU is available in multiple languages on both Windows PC and Mac platforms, and for mobile users via its IMVU 2Go iPhone application, available in the Apple App Store.
IMVU has been recognized frequently, including Best Place to Work for the past 3 years, Inc. 500/5000, 8th fastest growing private tech company in Silicon Valley over the past 3 years, and 87th fastest growing tech company in North America over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2004, IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital and is located in Mountain View, CA. IMVU has been profitable since 2009.
So, what will you do?
The OLAP Database Administrator works with data scientists, data analysts, report writers, and project teams to refine reporting requirements and design and implement all database related applications and processes for the Business Intelligence and BIG data warehouse platforms. A high emphasis is placed on analytics, OLAP and analysis cube design.
- Designing and implementing databases using MySQL
- Performing administration of database servers
- Optimizing systems that capture data from OLTP systems into our OLAP systems
- Support build out of our internal Business Intelligence and Warehouse systems, including structured data, unstructured data, financial data, behavioural data, etc.
- Support and build out of data visualization tools leveraged by the business for data driven decision making, executive dashboards and feature metrics
- Hands-on Database Administration for the design, maintenance, integration and operational support of our BI and big data warehouse
- Monitoring and improving performance of OLAP solutions including MySQL, Hadoop and OLAP cubes
- High-level database support and guidance to both the Development and Infrastructure teams
- Responsible for ensuring data consistency and integrity across all database systems
- Build and maintain a complete data dictionary and data glossary
- Manage, design and implement backup, recovery, and high-availability processes for database systems
The ideal candidate will have:
How to apply:
- 5 - 10 years of Database Administration experience with very large data sets
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent experience
- A demonstrated proficiency in supporting the database platform of a large organization
- Proficiency in multi-dimensional database structures, database design and database administration
- Experience with data migration, data warehousing and ETL fundamentals
- Experience moving data between no-sql and relational databases
- Expertise in OLAP Schema design
- Proficiency in MySQL database administration
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and resolve complex problems in a live environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to articulate complex ideas and solutions to management
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently and as a strong team player
- Please join IMVU & play around before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and work environment.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
IMVU - 20 months ago