The Development Officer proactivelyidentifies, cultivate, solicits and stewards foundation and to a lesser extent corporateprospects. The Development Officer also manages the Corporate and FoundationDevelopment Internship program.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with over one hundred twenty top foundations and a portfolio of twenty corporate prospects.
- Plays a key role in the development and implementation of annual CFD foundation section of the CFD three year plan. This plan includes managing and implementing the top 50 strategic foundation list in conjunction with the Vice President of Research and the Deans of each college.
- Conceptualizes and independently writes grant applications to identified foundations.
- Works collaboratively and communicates with campus deans, senior administrators, college and campus directors, development officers and key faculty to advance the mission and reputation of FSU while maximizing gift support from corporate and foundation partners with an emphasis on foundation support.
- Manages the CFD Internship program – providing leadership, oversight and strategic development of internship activities as they relate to fulfilling the CFD and FSU missions.
- Represents CFD interests and goals through participation in key development and policy/procedure committees including a lead role for gift in kind acceptance.
- Works with the Research and Prospect Management team to identify potential foundation and corporate contacts focusing on alumni/friends employed at middle management or higher positions within the corporate/business sectors.
- Effectively communicates organizations mission and represents the organizations culture to external stakeholders.
- Identifies and reports to senior management gifts made to the Florida State Research Foundation that can be counted as gifts.
- Protects FSU, corporate and foundation confidential information.
- Bachelors degree required and masters preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in grant writing, research, fundraising or a related field, preferably in a non-profit educational setting.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products suite.
- Proficiency in Blackbaud Raisers Edge preferred.
CareerBuilder - 6 months ago
Florida State University is among the most efficient of the nation's highest ranked universities, according to a new list released Dec. 8 by...