Handles the day to day administration of the Sales Performance Award Program. Evaluates jobs using market pricing; analyzes compensation data and recommends grade and salary actions; prepares job descriptions; participates in salary surveys; participates in annual compensation programs; researches compensation issues and presents findings/recommendations; processes related salary actions; ensures programs are in compliance with polices and management direction. Serves as primary back-up for the Manager of Compensation, providing consultative compensation and analytical support to client groups.
• Administers the Sales Performance Award Program. Receives, checks, and verifies information on sales representative and sales manager sales performance, determines appropriate levels of variable sales incentive compensation and commission in the context of sales compensation plans and ensures accurate and timely payment of variable compensation to eligible sales incentive compensation plan participants.
• Applies established job evaluation methodology to analyze, evaluate, and recommend grade and salary actions for client group(s) utilizing external market data sources and internal comparable peer data
• Serves as primary back-up for Manager of Compensation, providing consultative compensation and complex analytical support to client groups including salary administration, market pricing, job evaluation, incentive compensation and other compensation as it applies to management and bargaining unit employees
• Prepares job descriptions based on job content and requirements ensuring critical data is captured; ensures job descriptions are kept current for client group(s)
• Participates in annual compensation programs such as the annual merit and incentive plans for client group(s)
• Researches compensation issues from client group(s), prepares complex analyses, and responds to requests in a timely manner; Researches compensation/competitive trends and prepares preliminary findings
• Processes all salary actions for client group(s)
• Participates in compensation surveys, matching EmblemHealth positions with survey positions and submitting compensation data and practice information to fulfill survey requirements for client group(s)
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Position Success Criteria:
• Extensive knowledge of compensation best practices
• Available knowledge of EmblemHealth policies and programs
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to manage sensitive confidential issues
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in HR Management
• 4-6 years of relevant experience
• Minimum of 3 years of Sales Compensation experience
• CCP designation strongly preferred
• Advanced proficiency in excel; Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferably
• Strong analytical skills and mathematical aptitude required
• Excellent customer service skills with a high degree of timely problem resolution
EmblemHealth - 16 months ago
EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health...