Under the direction of the Regional Communities Manager, performs a variety of on-site services for the Housing Authority’s Affordable Housing units including, but not limited to, light maintenance, rent collection, coordination of resident activities, cleaning up graffiti and trash bin area and hauling excess trash to other areas using personal vehicle or company maintenance truck.; walks property regularly to monitor overall appearance and reports issues to Manager as needed.
Part-time position working approximately 19hrs/week. Required to live on-site at property. Compensation will consist of hourly rate for 19hrs of work/week + free rent for unit moving into.
1. On a daily basis picks up trash around the complexes, cleans up dumpster areas and laundry rooms, cleans up graffiti and hauls trash away. Reports to the Regional Communities Manager any large trash objects needing removal, and any liability related issues (such as trip hazards, sharp objects etc.) around the property or concerning residents and their guests.
2. Provides support by collecting rents at assigned site.
3. Monitors conduct of tenants to ensure compliance with house rules, regulations, and lease; enforcement of apartment rules, maintain written records, and report occupancy violations, disturbances and other infractions by tenants and guests.
4. Coordinates with residents in their assigned area to provide maintenance to minor problems, waters trees, lawns and shrubbery and ensures security lighting is in good condition.
5. Serves Housing Authority notices and communications to tenants when necessary. Participates in Housing Authority sponsored community meetings, and works closely with the Resident Advisory Board Member for the district.
6. Develops and maintains good resident relations and encourages residents to work together with the Housing Authority to improve the quality of life in their neighborhood.
7. Assists in preparation and showing of vacant units as requested, including clean-up, light maintenance work and external yard work.
8. Coordinates with Regional Communities Manager on a daily basis to keep the Housing Authority apprised of any concerns or problems at the complex.
9. Shows apartments to prospective residents; assists with move-in orientation including move-in and move-out inspections.
10. Performs other related projects as assigned by the Regional Communities Manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent with handyman skill set training. At least one year performing similar building maintenance or general labor type work. Bilingual Preferred. Ability to live on-site in a Sr. community is required. Studio apartment available.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
Bending at the waist, kneeling, crawling or crouching.
Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
Seeing to read a variety of materials and equipment
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
Lifting light/mildly objects.
Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER