Responsible for category strategic sourcing and management of $250M - $390M on items categorized as Not For Resale (NFR). TThis position is responsible for the execution, management and tracking of category strategies to minimize our NFR cost structures while insuring delivery against strategic needs of the company. A key leader on the Not for Resale Team. This role assists often in setting or developing the company-wide strategies for Ahold’s activities in these category functions. Success in this position will allow the company to improve our long-term competitive strength through minimizing our NFR cost structure.
- Responsible for reducing cost of acquired goods and services that are Not-For Resale. Implements, supports and follows rigorous processes, procedures and policies for the handling of NFR purchasing organization wide in support of stakeholder categories. Supports successes of NFR sourcing fulfilling organizations needs as part of the team acting as standard bearers of NFR sourcing activities for specific categories. Liaison to purchasing/replenishment teams and manages contract relationship with supplies and manufacturers
- Responsible for planning inputs, managing and executing against annual and LTP total strategic NFR sourcing calendar consisting of 30-40 projects annually to deliver annual cost savings equal or greater than targets defined between NFR leadership and Executive Leadership. Contribute significantly to the attainment if Ahold USA 's financial and operational annual goals.
- Sourcing ,vendor negotiation and vendor relationship and performance management. Core category expertise, understanding and knowledge. This role is the category expert for assigned areas to the business and suppliers. Manage and balance needs between quality, cost, service, and innovation. Seek out new opportunities to improve in each of these areas as an agent of change. This role has a significant impact on leveraging and improving our current vendor and new vendor relationships. Manages RFI and RFP processes.
- Executes against strategic plan for the department’s workload and coordinate priorities, working with various business stakeholder to ensure resources are deployed appropriately to realize savings opportunities through local, AUSA and Golbal sourcing initiatives while constantly benchmarking performance, achieved benefits and annual savings across category assignments. Develops and maintains cross functional teams and relationships in order to influence and effect success of sourcing opportunities to full stakeholders needs while attaining achievable cost savings.
- Acts as Team Lead providing leadership to colleagues, analysts, and other members of the team. Assist Sr. Manager in leveraging talent acquisition and development to select, develop and prepare a team comprised of Sourcing Analysts for current and future leadership roles/opportunities in sourcing categories specific to addressable areas of NFR spend servicing business stakeholders source needs. Oversees and is responsible for sourcing senior analyst.
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager and peers to ensure the NFR Sourcing team to ensure group moves along the continuum to being world class sourcing organization, identifying, implementing and achieving cost savings across our NFR supply chain to provide funding for reinvestment in the growth of our business. Develop category experts and grow team resources ensuring an understanding of best practices in sourcing including spend analytics, negotiation, supplier management, the use of technology and total cost management
Qualifications and Competencies:
5 – 7 years experience
Certified Procurement Manager (CPSM) preferred
Education (Highest Level)