Using sound engineering principles and planning tools, this position supports the RF Engineering team with the small cell sales process, project implementation, and the ongoing maintenance and modification of small cell systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Interface with Customer and cultivate relationship with their engineering teams.
- Create small cell network designs and proposals.
- Utilize sales process workflow systems.
- Design systems by select sites, conducting CW tests, analyzing data, and prepare customer documentation.
- Configure, test, and commission small cell networks.
- Optimize small cell networks.
- Support NOCC and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Support new technology trials.
- Design and engineer small cell solutions.
- Leverage empirical and predictive design tools.
- Facilitate implementation of solutions and trials.
- Conduct field work and measurements.
- Operate test equipment and run post processing software.
- Provide planning, coordination as well as drive testing including CW, benchmark, and optimization.
- Coordinate, oversee or perform system optimization of multi-node outdoor DAS systems.
- Work closely with customer personnel regarding system design, performance and optimization, recommend configuration changes.
- Use a variety of measures to confirm system designs including test equipment, power density and power meter, spectrum analyzer, and pilot scanner.
- RF and fiber testing, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Perform ongoing system testing, test analysis, troubleshooting, test reports and recommendation for changes and upgrades.
- 1-3 years’ RF engineering experience or equivalent
- Familiar with small cell architecture
- Able to use prediction tools and Mapinfo
- Knowledge of 2G,3G,4G wireless technologies
- Able to create link budgets, calculate noise figures, and calculate intermodulation products
- Knowledge of radio wave propagation fundamentals, antenna theory, and optical transmission
- Able to use test equipment and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others. Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Reports to : Director RF Engineering
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable) : N/A
Working Conditions : Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Crown Castle USA - 23 months ago
Crown Castle International rules over a kingdom of radio towers. Through subsidiaries it provides broadcast, data, and wireless...