***THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD***
Responsible for all environmental compliance support staffing requirements of the OPNAVINST 5090.1 for the Joint Region Marianas Base Operations Support (BOS) contract Collect, create, maintain and/or produce all environmental compliance data required for regulatory or other contract requirements.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Coordinate all environmental requirements across annexes including with other Contractors/subcontractors and other Government organizations to maintain full environmental compliance with all Federal and local regulations and environmental permits, and OPNAV requirements.
2. Provide the necessary management expertise to ensure performance objectives and standards are met.
3. Ensure records and reports are accurate and complete and submitted within required timeframes,
4. Ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to policies, instructions and guidance, may be determined by planned sampling, validated customer complaints and documented citations, if applicable.
5. Plan, collect data and prepare documents to support the environmental compliance strategy supporting Joint Region Marianas and its supported organizations.
6. Demonstrate and maintain compliance with all applicable Federal and local environmental statutes, laws and regulations, and OPNAV requirements.
7. Obtain all required permits, licenses, and authorizations to perform work and comply with all the applicable Federal and local laws and regulations; submit copies of permits and licenses as appropriate.
8. Manage and conduct scheduled and no-notice environmental inspections of all installations and support sites.
9. Manage follow-up and corrective actions for environmental compliance deficiencies.
10. Other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Various environmental testing equipment. Wear and maintain personal protective equipment as required. Personal computer, printers, calculators, and copy machines, digital scanners and other general office equipment.
Mix of office environment and operational work sites, including frequent exposure to heat, high humidity and loud noise. Personal protective equipment is required when applicable.
Occasional lifting up to 35 lbs. and climbing; prolonged standing and sitting.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering, or equivalent, from an accredited University by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology ABET, or equivalent. NOTE: REQUIRED not desired.
Hold current certifications focused on hazardous material and waste emergency management such as the HAZWOPER and the Incident Command System (ICS).
A minimum of five years’ experience conducting Government environmental management activities, or equivalent, for a contract similar in size and complexity of Navy Guam BOSC Supported Components and Tenant Commands.
Excellent communications skills, written and spoken.
Proven ability to analyze compliance requirements and implement strategies to meet spirit and intent.
SUPERVISON: Lead a highly-skilled team of specialized coordinators and staff, ensuring environmental compliance requirements are met.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
Exelis - 10 months ago