Now taking off:
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Supervisor - Reconciliations and Tax - GUM
Equal Opportunity Employer by Choice.
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Supervise the day-to-day accounting and administration functions to ensure proper internal controls, compliance to local government/company policies & requirements, implementing efficient finance and accounting procedures.
- Supervises/performs daily local accounting (AR, reconciliation) and administration (statutory reporting, tax/VAT reporting and compliance) functions
- Represents United in dealing with IATA, bankers and tax authorities in country
- Ensures development and implementation of adequate internal financial controls in order to safeguard company assets, verify accuracy, and reliability of accounting data
- Promotes operational efficiency and adherence to management policy and local government requirements
- Local understanding of the law is imperative for the success of this position
- Works with business partners to ensure compliance with the Company's policies and procedures
- Coordinates with HQ to resolve accounting, system related problems, and streamlines work processes to meet pre defined criteria
- Additionally, develops staff by coaching them or provides adequate training to improve process effectiveness
- In addition, this role provides management information and administrative support to regional departments
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Accounting or Business degree preferred
- Good communication (verbal/written) required
- High level of initiative required
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills required
- Detail oriented required
- Ability to manage multiple projects required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access) required
- PC skills (Oracle GL, Data Warehouse) preferred
- At least 2-4 years of working experience required
- Accounting/Finance related position experience preferred
- Some travel required
- Flexible hours required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with United's policies is required
- Attendance is required at work location
United Airlines - 9 months ago
Now taking off: Your career
At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that encourages...