Job is located in Conshohocken, PA.
- The Construction Manager (CM) will work with sales and management team to pursue new construction work in the bio/pharmaceutical, food and heavy process industry. The work may consist of new plant construction, retrofit / revamp projects and or construction turnaround and shutdowns. Upon award of the work, the CM will work with engineering to develop execution strategies and detailed plans to safely and efficiently execute the work in meeting client, business and project objectives. Preconstruction services include developing a logical work sequence, procurement and subcontract plans that supports construction need dates; provides support for development of resource loaded schedules and project cost estimates. The CM must possess leadership and management qualities as both are required to successfully deliver projects. As a leader the CM must have effective communication skills to build consensus with project team members and stakeholders. The CM directs his staff and contractors on project objectives and manages the work through others to ensure objectives are met.
- The CM must have a solid safety implementation experience and successful safety performance record. Familiarity with OSHA requirements is a must. The CM is required to implement a comprehensive safety process on the job site utilizing Jacobs HSE SOPS. Achieving Zero Incident performance is an expectation.
- Manages all on site construction functions in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the Company. Supervises all personnel at the site through subordinate leaders. Manages project indirect overhead budgets. Develops fiscal plans. Monitors performance and utilization. Functions as liaison between engineering and construction.
- When working in the Conshohocken office this is considered a local position without per diem. Upon assignment to a field project greater than 60 miles from the Conshohocken office a per diem will be established based on government approved rates.
*Seeking local candidates to the Conshohocken/Philadelphia, PA area.
- 8-12 years of related experience with 5 years experience at site manager level, BS/MS in Construction Management or Architectural / Engineering Discipline is preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Completion of OSHA 30 hour training program is desirable.
- The successful CM candidate must have recent and broad experience in the design and construction of biopharmaceutical, food and heavy process industry facilities. Types of work should include site development, infrastructure and utility installation (clean and plant), main process areas, finishing and packaging and support facilities to include labs and office buildings
- 11 months ago - save job
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $13 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and...