I. Job Summary
Recognized across the organization for functional expertise. Acts as the primary liaison between the Technology and the business of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Conducts technically advanced and in-depth level business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis in an effort to align Technology solutions with business initiatives.
II. Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Primary liaison between technical staff and business owners.
- Provides top-level business and systems analysis while focusing organizational strategic vision.
- Contributes expertise in particular business processes and is responsible for formulating systems/process scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and user requirements, process flow definitions, business process mapping and functional specifications.
- Documents requirements and formulates test plans with QA and other partner groups prior to requesting business user testing.
- Leads project team with gaining business user acceptance
- Verifies the business user sign off acceptance and works with Technology and business for deployment plan.
- Ensures the development of complex information systems, or revisions to existing system logic to meet business requirements and objectives.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results for accuracy and efficiency.
Will coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on more complicated systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study. Eight years of previous experience required. Four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor's degree. Four or more years working as an IT Manager/Project Manager may substitute for the minimum years of experience.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree and Computer Science, MIS, or Business Administration and minimum eight years of related experience and at least 2 years project management experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Technically advanced knowledge or in-depth skills in one or more of the following is required:
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
- Systems development, implementation, upgrades and analyses
- QA testing, business analysis methodologies, system design and related analysis
- Project management methodologies
- Training and communication skills
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. [Note: the following is defaulted for office setting position]
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting
Waste Management Corporation - 2 years ago
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management and environmental services in North America. We are also a...