Denver Area Youth Services (DAYS)
Position Summary: Denver Area Youth Services (DAYS) is seeking an experienced finance and accounting professional to manage and direct Denver Area Youth Services Administrative Services Department. The successful applicant is responsible for accounting, financial management, risk management, IT, HR and benefits functions. He or she will supervise the Administrative Services Department staff; manage DAYS audits and other reporting to ensure that procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles, non-profit accounting standards and IRS reporting requirements, as well as manage the financial budget and reporting functions. The ideal candidate will possess proven knowledge and experience in accounting practices and principles, including non-profit accounting; demonstrated leadership abilities and strong analytical skills.
- Manages the month-end accounting process. Reconciles general ledger accounts, determines accruals and reasons for significant variances.
- Prepares financial statements and other management reports. Develops and maintains meaningful and professionally prepared managerial reports. Assists the Executive Director to effectively communicate financial information to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assists in the preparation of budget spreadsheets. Is a resource for directors, grant writers and the Executive Director in the budget preparation and reporting processes. Provides financial information for grant applications.
- Maintains and implements appropriate accounting processes and internal controls over accounting functions company-wide. Ensures staff compliance with accounting and organizational policies and procedures.
- Coordinates all audits including the preparation of audit lead schedules and other work papers.
- Coordinates the preparation of tax returns and charitable solicitation registration.
- Responsible for risk management which consists of obtaining appropriate certificate of deposits, communicating with brokers as needed, claims processing and annual renewal.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Oversees A/P and A/R process.
- Reviews bi-monthly payroll. Administers employee benefits plans.
- Manages human resources function, including hiring, orientation, performance evaluation system, benefits meetings, open enrollment period and communication with benefit consultants and insurance carriers.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- CPA preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience in an accounting department including supervision of both clerical and accountant level positions.
- Minimum of two years experience in non-profit accounting either with an accounting firm or a non-profit organization.
- Experience with Quickbooks required.
- Experience in financial statement and budget preparation required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
**Please include salary history with application
- Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills. Good listener, proactive and collaborative problem-solver.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to build and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Disciplined to meet deadlines, decisive.
- Takes initiative; focuses on solutions.
- Strong computer skills to understand the organization’s standard operating system, word processing and spreadsheet applications, accounting system, payroll system, data management and Internet access.
- Understand and adhere to the need for confidentiality.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles including non-profit accounting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to perform as a high-functioning team player.
Salary range $42,000-$50,000 +benefits DOE
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Executive Director, Ms. Noël A. d’Albertis, MSW, MBA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
OR via U.S. Mail at the address below:
Denver Area Youth Services
1530 W. 13th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Applications accepted until position is filled
Colorado Nonprofit Association
- 4 years ago - save job