Safety Summer Student - 10685
Husky's Lima Refinery is seeking a Safety Summer Student to assist our Safety Department in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and refinery policies and procedures concerning health, safety and industrial hygiene through education, training and auditing.
This position is open to post-secondary students who are interested in gaining experience in the oil and gas industry and who will be returning to school in Fall 2013 . Recent graduates are not eligible for this opportunity.
- Performs daily safety procedure audits and inspections as needed.
- Assists in the delivery of the Contractor Safety Training.
- Conducts Industrial Hygiene exposure monitoring (noise, benzene) as directed by Industrial Hygienist.
- Assists the Emergency Response Team (ERT) coordinate with the development of pre-fire plans, ERT program management, and quarterly ERT training as needed.
- Assists with the development of HMIS signs and labeling.
- Routinely interfaces with refinery employees and assists with Health and Safety needs and education.
- Attend and participate in Team meetings involving Process Safety Management (PSM) matters and Incident Investigations.
- Performs the annual respiratory protection program audit for the Safety Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in a four year post secondary Environmental Health, Safety or Science program
- Must be a self-starter with basic knowledge of the safety and/or industrial hygiene field.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Job Health and Safety
Primary Location US-OH-Lima
Job Posting Feb 8, 2013, 4:15:12 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Work Location-External Lima
Husky Energy Inc. (TSX: HSE) is a large integrated Canadian energy company based in Calgary, Alberta. Focusing on petroleum and natural gas...