Salesperson’s role is to proactively manage customer relationships, manage opportunities from current and new customers and close deals professionally in a way that maximizes KONE’s order book and profitability.
Responsibilities and Key Activities
• Utilize KONE contract terms and conditions requirements when negotiating sales.
• Properly record account and customer activity in KONE CRM system and utilize reporting in CRM for market analysis
• Maintain solid sales pipeline and sales forecast accuracy
• Recognize contract improvement opportunities and re-negotiate contract terms to include improvements.
• Sell standardized modernization packages
• Cultivate & nurture relationships with local industry consultants.
• Provide modernization sales with qualified leads from existing service portfolio and where appropriate secure modernization order.
• Submit Asset Management Plans to KONE customers to use for budgeting upcoming repairs.
• Partner with operations and visit customer sites regularly to survey equipment and enhance customer relationships. Build in capital planning discussions
• Participate in trade shows and trade organizations.
Skills, Education and Experience
• 3-5+ years sales and account management experience, preferably in service or product sales.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college preferred or equivalent work experience. Preferred areas of study are: Business,
Management, Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Communications and Liberal Arts.
• Ability to establish a rapport and speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects with all levels of existing and potential KONE customers - including major accounts.
• Strong and effective oral, written, persuasive, and presentation skills. Ability to deliver sales presentation to major clients
• Strong interpersonal skills required to work efficiently and effectively with co-workers, management, and customers.
• Sound working knowledge of service and/or vertical transportation industry, including non-standard and specialized products
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Familiarity with common computer operations and software.
• Effective networking skills
• Excellent planning and problem solving skills
• General knowledge of accounting and financial management principles.
• Familiarity with competitor’s product offerings and practices.
• Comprehensive understanding of KONE's processes, procedures, policies and contract/product offerings.
KONE - 17 months ago
KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells,...