Position Summary ~ Can be located in either the StoneRiver Denver or Cedar Rapids office locations
Under limited supervision, the Account Manager solicits and maintains favorable contact with current accounts. Develops and qualifies leads within existing accounts for additional products and services and closes sales. Secures multi-year maintenance renewals within existing accounts and works with accounting and management to collect delinquent outstanding receivables. Works closely with sales, product teams and support to resolve customer problems and develop strong relationships with clients.
• Plays a role in driving penetration into existing accounts and aggressively expand relationships.
• Cultivates relevant accounts by gaining an understanding of customers’ current and future business needs and concerns.
• Participates in appropriate trade organizations and their events, and continuously promotes a positive company image.
• Develops and maintains industry and product knowledge.
• Identifies up-sell and cross selling opportunities, creates proposals, negotiates professional contracts, and follows up on outstanding issues.
• Contributes to helping the business unit meet or exceed corporate goals regarding revenue, profit, new sales, maintenance renewals and client satisfaction.
• Serves as information resource to clients, sales support, marketing, and management regarding sales activity and ongoing operations.
• Records all account management activity in Salesforce.
• Develops and implements comprehensive sales and service plans for existing accounts.
• Meets or exceeds sales quota.
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education/Certification/License/Training
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years experience with software or technology sales experience required, with banking and insurance industries a plus.
• Possess extensive knowledge of the sales process in an account management environment.
• Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
• Moderate analytical ability required.
• Excellent human relations skills, including written and verbal communications and group presentation skills.
• Must possess strong skill in sales and negotiating techniques.
• Must be able to organize activities and handle multiple projects simultaneously with effective and timely follow-up on each.
• Possess a positive attitude while operating under pressure.
• Use sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems independently.
• Use independent judgment to identify problems and recommend solutions.
• Must be available for minimal travel as needed; maintain an excellent driving record and be willing to fly.
• Maintain cordial, professional relationships with other business units within StoneRiver, Inc.
• Must possess strong closing skills with a proven track record of success.
Physical Conditions/Requirements (Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations)
• Ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing
• Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Capable of using a keyboard effectively
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk and may occasionally lift and move 25 pounds
• May require the ability to drive a vehicle
• Travel up to 10% required
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.
StoneRiver - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -