Ensure the efficient, timely and safe transportation of patients by appropriate means within the Hospital, Clinic and other assigned locations according to policies and procedures. |
Support Services Coordiantor/As Assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Must have experience in a health care and/or service environment with demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and problem solving techniques. Must have good human relations and communication skills. Familiarity with general medical terminology and procedures is preferred. Basic Life Support Certification preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Transports patients, both inpatient and outpatient, in a safe manner to and from various destinations, intervening as patient needs require during transport.
- Receives and reports vital information pertinent to patient care.
- Ensures appropriate cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs other duties necessary to ensure smooth and efficient service area operations.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
Age Related Competencies
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and adapts care according to patient's age/developmental stage.
- This position is classified as a Category II position under OSHA guidelines with low risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 9 months ago