Status : Exempt
Reports to: Director, QA
Reporting to this position: May include QAI or QAII
We are looking for a serious Software Engineer in QA, with relevant JAVA programming and Automated Testing experience, who can ARCHITECT a test suite from the ground up. This is an automation lead position that exists within an established company, and also has an opportunity for explosive growth.
Primary Purpose of Position
This position’s role will consist of architecting, writing and executing automated testing suites. This includes assisting the Director, QA with formulating our Automation strategy, test plans, preparing and executing test scripts and use of automated testing tools to verify that programs function according to user requirements. Participates in review of specifications and makes recommendations to improve the Quality Assurance process. The position will also assist management in planning, resource allocation, project estimation, and scheduling for various projects and initiatives. In addition, this position provides support and guidance daily to the Quality Analysts in performing their assignments, monitoring the successful delivery of a release, performance reviews and adherence to policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Create software components to drive automated testing scenarios in ways that are efficient in execution, and expandable in structure.
Knowledge and Skill
- Architect, Design, Develop and execute test cases and scripts from the ground-up
- Create output/reports that will effectively and accurately document all automated testing results
- Participate in the continuous development of the QA Teams standard practices and procedures
- Participate in the continuous process improvement projects of the QA department in support of Corporate Goals and Divisional Goals and Objectives
- Work as a key contributor to increasing the speed and quality of our delivery
- Contribute to developing performance testing infrastructure
- Participate in Professional Development, and educate the QA team on automated testing technologies
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Possess a solid understanding of development and testing methodologies
- Experience working with Developers, Project Managers, Quality Assurance Managers and Release Managers preferred
- Strong experience with automated test tools and white-box testing
- P&C or general insurance experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Performs effectively in a team, or alone and unsupervised
- Commitment to company values
- Self starter and detail oriented
- Must be self managed, highly motivated
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to deliver work on time and complete
- Good analytical and analysis skills required.
- Ability to determine, understand and communicate clearly the validity, criticality, and scope of project.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of web testing experience, including strong white box testing
- One (1) to Three (3) years Team Lead experience preferred
- Three (3) or more years expertise in writing automated scripts
- One (1) or more years of real industry experience creating automated test architectures
- Strong programming skills in Java and good exposure to Ruby, VB and similar languages
- Expert experience using test frameworks such as: TestNG or J Unit
- Expert level experience using Selenium RC or similar web testing framework
- Expert knowledge of test web applications on multiple browsers
- Proven experience in Cross Browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Load Testing frameworks
Team Focus Insurance Group - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard