Job Purpose |
This position is responsible for all aspects of accounting for the company’s fixed assets and inventory management.
Position Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage the overall accounting and tracking for fixed assets to ensure its accuracy.
- Collect, verify and analyze inventory transactions from production, warehouse, facility and field.
- Cycle counts all work centers and warehouse locations, investigates variances, suggest process improvements, and makes appropriate adjustments to inventory.
- Review existing fixed assets and inventory records to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Monitor proper classification, labeling and location of fixed assets and inventory that is easy for its retrieval, help to keep the fixed assets and inventory management area well organized and efficient.
- Maintain a record of all additions, transfers and disposals.
- Implement and follow a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Coordinate to complete fixed assets and inventory count physically to reconcile the records.
- Provide internal management with financial data related to fixed assets and inventory.
- Analyze purchase orders and invoices to identify and properly classify capital assets as defined by policies and procedures.
- Review and book depreciation expenses on a monthly basis.
- Provide support and assistance for any audit requests.
- Provide internal and external customer service.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous Fixed assets and Inventory Management experience required
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills (including Excel), strong analytical with demonstrated proficiency (intermediate level) with the MS Suite of desktop applications
abilities, attention to detail to recognize errors or inconsistencies
- Ability to independently set priorities to meet the needs of the organization and achieve the needed results
- Ability to interact well with all departments
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in business or related field; preferably B.S. in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with various teams at the same time
- MAS90 and FAS experience a plus