Requisition Number: 7616
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Schedule: .. Location Name: University of Utah Hospital
City: SALT LAKE CITY
Department: UUH ANC 22A POST ANESTHESIA
Apply for this job:
Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
- Apply Now!
- Email this opportunity to a friend/colleague
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services
The University of Utah Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah Health Care is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More information about this job:Overview:
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission.
This position is responsible for delivering exceptional nursing care to patients by utilizing strong organizational and leadership skills to assess patient status, implement clinical nursing interventions to modify symptoms, and develop and implement patient care plans to enhance and improve outcomes and ensure a safe and therapeutic environment.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Identifies, assesses and diagnoses problems through patient assessment and interactions; and evaluates actual or potential patient health problems.
- Assesses, plans and implements interventions for solving patient care problems.
- Formulates care plans for specific patients and documents the nursing process in patient’s record.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions and modifies plan of care as needed to achieve health care goals.
- Develops and participates in educating patients, their families, or significant others about post discharge care programs.
- Initiates patient care meetings with the health care team to revise the plan of care as the patient’s condition warrants.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment.
- Provides guidance and direction to members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care.
- Keeps current on advances in nursing care by participating in educational programs.
- Orients and educates new staff in nursing techniques and departmental procedures.
- Provides and oversees direct patient care in accordance with established nursing protocol and physicians’ orders.
- Utilizes knowledge of medications, procedures, infection control, and safety precaution; and initiates appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
- Participates in total quality management to positively affect patient and system outcomes to improve care.
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Ability to provide care to the population served.
- Demonstrated leadership, human relations, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to function during regularly scheduled, 12 hour, extended or alternative shifts.
- Ability to display mental and emotional stamina in situations dealing with death, multiple patients, family members, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to function calmly and competently in high stress situations.
- Ability to deal with the hazards involved in assessing and providing care to patients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the ability to assess data regarding the patient’s status and provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
All of the following license(s)
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Utah, or obtain one within 30 days of hire under the interstate compact.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or obtained within one year of hire.
- Moderate Sedation
University of Utah Health - 20 months ago