Bigelow Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated avionics project manager with experience leading teams throughout the entire product life cycle including architecture and concept development, detailed design and test, and production. Successful candidates will be highly inventive and innovative in their approach to tackling complex electronic and network systems design and implementation utilizing both COTS and heritage solutions.
Applicants will be required to lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for defining requirements, performing detailed engineering designs, and producing physical spacecraft hardware. Subsystems will include electronics hardware, firmware, networking, and RF communications and power generation and distribution systems. Applicants should also display familiarity with reliable embedded systems and digital electronics (e.g. microprocessors, DSPs, CPLDs, FPGAs), one or more communications protocols (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, RS422/485/232, I2C, SPI). Experience with circuit schematic capture and simulation, as well as PCB layout, is preferred. Experience with digital controls is a plus.
- Participation in the complete system integration as the subsystem owner.
- Ownership throughout the entire lifecycle of the subsystem, from concept to design & development to build to post-launch support.
- Design of high reliability and/or long-lifetime hardware.
- Developing documentation including test procedures, component analysis summaries, circuit schematics, technical engineering notes, subsystem and device requirements, and participating in overall subsystem architecture design.
- Performing test and debugging at board, component, and subsystem levels
Senior Engineer - Minimum of 10 years experience with an accredited BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent program. Special consideration will be give to applicants with additional skills / experience in design for space environments, high reliability fault tolerant systems, radiation hardening, or EMI shielding and grounding.
Bigelow Aerospace, LLC - 17 months ago