Due to an internal promotion, Senior Lifestyle Corporation has an immediate full time opening
for a detail oriented, professional and service oriented Human Resources Coordinator based in
our Corporate office in Chicago. The selected candidate will provide administrative
and generalist support to the Human Resources Department in the following functional areas:
Payroll/HRIS, Recruitment, HR/Benefits Administration, and Employee Development and
Training. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
- Assist with the tracking of outstanding and stale dated payroll checks and accurately reports findings to Director of Payroll and respective Property Accountant.
- Serves as point person for organization of payroll tax information (including inquiries, resolutions and tax filings)
- Organizes garnishment paperwork
- Assist in maintaining the data accuracy and integrity of our HRIS and Payroll systems; updates systems with forms and documents as needed
- Serves as point person for accurately maintaining non exempt employment opportunities on the SLC website/applicant tracking system.
- Initiates the posting of ad copy to job boards including CareerBuilder, Craigslist, etc
- Conducts reference checks at the request of the Director of Recruiting
- Secures travel for candidates visiting the Corporate Office during their interview processes
Employee Development and Training:
- Provides assistance during the acquisition process (to include but not limited to copying and organizing handbooks and informational packets)
- Generates, reviews and distributes benefits reports
- Provides assistance during open enrollment
- Tracks exit interview forms and condenses information into Excel spreadsheet
- Organizes personnel files maintained at the Corporate Office
- Manages the quarterly employee news letter.
- Corresponds and organizes responses for employee development initiatives (SLC Experience, Engagement Surveys, training needs)
- Effectively coordinates training sessions and meetings inclusive of:
- reservation of appropriate meeting spaces
- extend invitations to prospective attendees
- coordination of attendees’ and presenters’ travel and hotel accommodations
- secure appropriate training resources and supplies (system needs, visual aids, white boards, etc)
- ensure that all needed training materials are on hand
- Orders food and beverage for meetings per budgetary guidelines; restocks supply as needed
- Sets up meeting rooms and is accountable for maintaining (re-stocking, cleaning) the training venue for the duration of the training session
- Accurately updates forms, policies, etc. in Public Folders with regard to Training, mentoring, Operations Manual, etc.
- Takes and distribute accurate notes for the monthly Corporate Human Resources call
- Updates, distributes and publishes monthly web based training calendar and coordinates with all presenters.
- On a bi-monthly basis, converts, updates and distributes Care2Learn employee list
- Assist with web based training classes and orientation sessions
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in HR or related field and a minimum of 2-3 years of HR experience within a professional office environment. Familiarity with HRIS systems and automated payroll systems is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, high degree of detail orientation, ability to multi task in a fast paced environment, excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality a must. Must be detail oriented, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Senior Lifestyle Corporation, founded in 1985, is a privately held owner, operator and developer of seniors housing communities. With a...