Optimize SMT processes to maximize high SMT yields for low to medium volume high-complexity products.
As a high-visibility position having a direct and significant impact on the throughput and quality of the company’s world-class facility, the following responsibilities are required:
1) Create standardized SMT stencil aperture guidelines for our stencil suppliers for fine pitch QFP, BGA, CSP, Flip Chip, and 0201 Components for simultaneous assembly on a single board through use of step-down stencils or other means as required.
2) Though extensive use of a reflow oven profiling mole, refine profiles for double-sided assemblies consisting of traditional SMT components, BGA, CSP, Flip Chip and 0201 components. Ensure profiles are released on a controlled network and properly categorized for ease of use for the proper selection of profile for a particular part number.
3) Provide printing excellence criteria and standards, where as machine and operator inputs are minimized to reduce printing variability.
4) Establish SPC and yield methods for documenting SMT quality levels to achieve six-sigma level processing through the use of company’s SPC Tracker software program. Utilize the company’s extensive use of AOI and ICT in conjunction with the SPC data collection system for closed-loop feedback.
5) Train and oversee SMT technicians as required to achieve the six-sigma SMT processing level.
6) Develop profiles and oversee the use of the company’s SRT BGA/CSP rework station for the rework of complex assemblies, plus the use of the company’s Nicolet GXR 1525 x-ray system. Develop accept/reject criteria using the x-ray system’s advanced diagnostics software.
7) Evaluate and optimize the throughput and efficiency of the company’s four SMT placement lines consisting of Universal Chip Shooters, GSM II’s, and Mydata’s MY15 Hydrahead platforms.
8) Work with the company’s Director of Engineering in developing lead-free processes over the next year.
9) Ensure SMT printing, placement, and reflow fixtures are available prior to processing as required for high-yields.
10) Create weekly reports of SMT yields and sigma-level.
11) Develop factory proficiency on the company’s Camelot adhesive dispenser.
12) Ensure that all service, maintenance and calibration is performed as specified for the SMT equipment to ensure a high up-time of machine availability through the utilization of the company’s equipment maintenance personnel as well as the machine operators.
13) Establish and write procedures as necessary to document the high-yielding procedures that are developed and optimized.
14) Work with the company production management to ensure that the company’s quick-turn products are quickly processed through SMT.
15) Develop an SMT Excellence Program and attitude throughout the SMT operation in addition to creating a continuous improvement program that yield true improvements.
16) Consult with management on capital requirements and other processing needs as required. Periodic review, evaluation, and qualification of new SMT materials, equipment, and personnel will be required.
17) Occasional interface with customers may be needed requiring a professional appearance and good verbal communication skills.
Position reports to Engineering Manager and dotted-lined to the company’s Corporate Director of Engineering. Will also interface closely with the Quality Department.
4-Year College Degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering Required (or Equivalent).
Minimum of 5 years related experience, preferably in a high volume, high yield environment based on statistical process control, and a demonstrable skill in building a high yielding process team and environment. A strong drive for success and a good team player with a professional can-do attitude is a must.
Peak Technical - 8 months ago
Founded in 1968, PEAK Technical Services, Inc. is focused solely on staffing the Technical needs of our clients on a contract temporary and...