Inside Product Spec IV
Oklahoma City, OK
Dell recently acquired SonicWALL, Inc., a leader in advanced network security and data protection. SonicWALL’s industry-leading Next-Generation Firewalls and Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewalls complement Dell’s security solutions portfolio, enabling Dell to offer customers a broader range of enterprise offerings.
Provides pre-sales technical support to the inside sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for delivering technical solutions, products, and /or services that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter expert to address a solution of even higher complexity.
- Provides product or BU specific expertise.
- Responsible for selling a defined set of products and services.
- May own account sets and/ or be called into accounts as opportunities are identified.
- Acts as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives.
- Identifies customer needs/ requirements, and recommends the appropriate products and solutions.
- Remains up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings.
- Stays current on industry and vertical solutions as well.
- Assists in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team.
- Promotes and positions key strategic product and service offerings.
- Uses thought leadership to build customer relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services.
- Coaches others in closing complex deals and assists others in keeping up-to-date on Dell’s technology, products, and services.
- Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding.
- Organizes internal/external resources in response to customer needs.
- Articulates how the Dell business model relates to selling Dell products and services.
- Key point of contact for customer but may escalate customer issues/concerns as appropriate.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Work is guided by sales objectives.
- Manages multiple assignments and customer sales.
- Independently determines approach to sales activities.
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
- Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
- Provides guidance, direction and subject matter expertise to lower level representatives.
- Updates management on sales activities and achievement of objectives.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 20 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...